Summer Adult Session 1
August 3 – 7, 2020Come learn with us! Immerse yourself in Cape Breton’s rich Gaelic culture for a getaway like no other. Escape the fast-paced world and spend a week (or two) among old pals and fast friends, secluded next to the beautiful bay of St. Ann’s, studying under some of the area’s finest musicians and tradition-bearers. With a variety of options in classes, instructors, levels, and accommodation needs, we hope to offer something special yet flexible for all who attend. Start planning your Cape Breton learning adventure now. DOWNLOAD SCHEDULE
Students choosing to live-in on campus for the week will arrive Sunday evening between 6pm - 8pm for registration. There will be no supper provided although a wee night lunch is served in the evening.
Monday morning begins with breakfast between 7:30am - 8:30am, with day students able to register between 8am - 8:30am. All will gather in MacKenzie Hall for a welcome, overview, and introduction to instructors at 8:45am, then we're off and running to classes. Each class is 50 minutes, and there are 5 a day. We have a short break in the morning from 10:50 to 11:10, and then break at 12pm for lunch, and wrap up class at 3:20pm.
The late afternoon/evenings are filled with fun activities like jam sessions, ceilidhs, workshops, outdoor activities, and more. We encourage students to also explore the local area during this time, sampling live music at ceilidhs, concerts, and square dances which are plentiful this time of year. A rented car is helpful, and ride-sharing with others is often arranged.
Please feel free to call us with any other questions or concerns you may have. 902-623-0455, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Can't wait to see you here!
Gaelic Language | Gaelic Song | Gaelic Storytelling:
- Live-In Student [Dorm Option]:
- $790 + tax. This option is for a shared room in MacKenzie Hall. (4 bunk beds + 1 queen-sized bed to a room) Includes accommodation, all meals, and all tuition costs for the week.
- Live-In Student [Double Option]:
- $850 + tax This option is for a shared room in Highland or MacLeod House. (2 single beds or 1 double bed to a room) Includes accommodation, all meals, and all tuition costs for the week.
- Live-In Student [Single Option]:
- $925 + tax This option is for a single room in one of the residences. Includes accommodation, all meals, and all tuition costs for the week.
- Day Student:
- $455 + tax Includes all tuition costs, and lunchtime meals for the week.
- Individual Class
- $15 + tax The option of a drop-in fee of $15 is available on a per class basis, if coming in at beginning of week. Speak to School Director for more info. (email@example.com)
Please note that a $50 non-refundable deposit (per person) is due upon registering.
Interested in attending and want to know the full scoop? Click over here to read up on class descriptions, find out shuttle info, and more.