March Break Youth Session 2
March 16 – 18, 2023
The three-day March Break Program is the perfect addition to March Break for any youth aged 5-18. (Must be of school-age) With opportunities to learn the Gaelic arts in a variety of forms from some of the area’s top instructors and performers, in combination with the ton of fun planned, it’s easy to see why kids want to come back year after year. Find out about our other March Break Session here.
The deadline for registration is Friday, March 3.
- Students choosing to live-in on campus will arrive on the evenings of Friday, March 10 for Session 1, and Wednesday March 15 for Session 2, between 6pm - 8pm for registration and room assignment. (If you have a preference for roommates, please specify in registration process)
- There will be no supper provided on live-in arrival day, so please come with a full tummy. We will provide a small night lunch in the evening however. Students will settle in and meet some of the house parents, staff, and new faces that night, then be off to bed at either 9pm (for those between ages 5 and 9) or 10pm (for those 10 to 18). Lights out on campus at 10:30pm. Saturday morning (Session 1) and Thursday morning (Session 2) begin with breakfast between 7:30am - 8:30am, with day students able to register between 8am - 8:30am.
- All will gather in MacKenzie Hall for a welcome, overview, and introduction to instructors at 8:45am, then we're off and running to classes which start at 9:00am. Each class is 50 minutes, and there are 5 per day. We have a short break in the morning from 10:50-11:10 and break at 12pm for lunch and wrap up class at 3pm. Those who are with us as day students should have rides ready to pick up at that time.
- The evenings are filled with fun activities like jam sessions, games, a square-dance and soc-hop, talent show, fun in the snow, and more. We encourage students to bring along warm clothing for time outdoors. Rather than having a student recital at the end of the session, we will maximize learning opportunities. Once class is wrapped up at 3pm on Monday afternoon (Session 1) and Saturday afternoon (Session 2), students should be picked up and ready for home. (Packing and prepping will take place that morning before class)
- Please note: For classes in fiddle and guitar, students must bring their own instrument. We have a limited amount of chanters that can be borrowed for piping.
- Feel free to call us with any other questions or concerns you may have. 902-623-0455, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Can't wait to see you here!
- Live-In Student:
- $300 + tax Includes three nights' accommodation (Friday, Saturday, Sunday), all meals, and all tuition costs. There is no supper served on the first night. Registration will take place Friday evening between 6:00pm and 8:00pm.
- Day Student:
- $200 + tax Includes all tuition costs, and lunchtime meals on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday, as well as afternoon snacks on Saturday and Sunday. There are no breakfast or supper meals included in this pricing. Students are to be dropped off for 9am, and picked up for 3pm, each day.
- Family Rate:
- $600 + tax [Live In](for first two children then $150/child after that) Includes three nights' accommodation (Friday, Saturday, Sunday), all meals, and all tuition costs. There is no supper served on Friday night. Registration will take place Friday evening between 6:00pm and 8:00pm.
- $400 + tax [Day Students] (for first two children then $100/child after that)Includes all tuition costs, and lunchtime meals on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday, as well as afternoon snacks on Saturday and Sunday. There are no breakfast or supper meals included in this pricing. Students are to be dropped off for 9am, and picked up for 3pm, each day.
Please note that a $50 non-refundable deposit is due upon registering.
Interested in attending and want to know the full scoop? Click over here to learn class descriptions, rules, house-parent info and more.
Our March Break Video Contest is back!
ENTER TO WIN 1 of 2 FREE PASSES to an upcoming March Break session.
All you have to do is shoot a short video (no longer than 2 minutes) about yourself, answering the following:
- What’s your name?
- How old are you?
- Where are you from?
- Why do you want to come to the March Break Session at the Gaelic College?
- Which session are you interested in attending?
Get creative! Extra points are given to those that speak in Gaelic, sing a song, play a tune, dance a step, tell a quick story - you name it!
Entries are due by Friday, February 24. Send to us at email@example.com or tag a public post with @gaeliccollege on Facebook or Instagram.
NOTE: Content might be shared on our website and social media
Thanks to the support of the Cape Breton-Victoria Regional Centre for Education, students in the region can apply for full coverage of a March Break session!
Please fax/email the completed application for funding, to Conal Donovan at firstname.lastname@example.org or 902-567-6293 by Feb. 17th. For further information on financial support, please call Conal Donovan 902-562-6483.
For more information, contact School Director Kenneth MacKenzie at email@example.com or call 902-623-0455.