Heritage you can wear
Our on-site sewing studio is one of the busiest spots on campus, creating hundreds of hand-crafted treasures year after year. Most known for the art of kiltmaking, having a history of well over 45 years of experience, we create and rent traditional, regulation kilts in light, medium and heavy 100% wool tartans, shipped in special right from Scotland. Our kilt-maker Jenni MacLean is dedicated to making one-of-a-kind kilts, each piece requiring at least 6000 hand-sewn stitches. Along with our seamstress Cindy MacRae, the two work on both custom orders, kilt rentals, and items for sale in our Craft Shop.
Come by and visit our sewing room sometime to get a first-hand look at the elaborate process. Our distinctive kilts will make you shine on your special occasion. Whether it is for a wedding, graduation, special event or outfitting a pipe band, our superb craftsmanship and attention to detail will last a lifetime.
We are an independent, non-profit organization. Through the business of our Craft Shop and sewing room, we are able to continue our educational programming that all leads back to our original mission.
- Kilted Skirts
- Straight Skirts
- Highland Skirts
- Vests, Scarves
- Stoles, Sashes
- Wedding Garters
- 8-Panel Tams
- Children’s Kilted Skirts
- Vests (Velvet or Tartan)
- Tams (Velvet or Tartan)
- Bow-Ties, Ties
- Boys Shorts
- Boys Pants
- Highland Dance Wear
- Formal Package The classic formal Prince Charlie outfit is “the” Black Tie ensemble. This package includes a Bonnie Prince Charlie jacket, kilt, evening sporran, tuxedo shirt, bowtie, sgian dubh, kilt hose, and flashes.
- Semi-Formal Package The Argyll jacket is versatile and may be worn as daywear or eveningwear, altering its formality with accessories. This package includes the Argyll jacket, kilt, semi-formal sporran, shirt, long tie, sgian dubh, kilt hose, and flashes.
- Informal Package The Jacobite shirt is a modern representation of an ancient Scottish shirt – the lèine, portrays a casual look and is very comfortable to wear. This package includes a Jacobite shirt, kilt, day sporran, sgian dubh, and kilt hose flashes.
- Golf & Hikers Package Perfect for a spirted day outside, this package includes the kilt, kilt pin, sporran, kilt hose and flashes.
- Looking to rent individual pieces for that special occasion? We have a large selection of kilts and accessories – please contact us for further details.
Want more information?
We'd love to help! To speak to the ladies in the sewing room, call 902-295-3411, or send a note our way.