An Cùrsa Bogaidh II & III
Intermediate & Higher Intermediate Immersion Courses
May 4 – 29, 2020In connection with our partners at Cape Breton University, Colaisde na Gàidhlig is proud to host two 6-credit courses on-site, An Cùrsa Bogaidh II (intermediate) designed for university students seeking second year credits, and An Cùrsa Bogaidh III (higher intermediate) designed for students seeking third year credits. These courses are also appropriate for personal development. An Cùrsa Bogaidh II & III combine conversation and active based learning with reading, writing, and grammar lessons. During the four weeks, students have the opportunity to take part in cultural activities such as visiting, Gaelic song, dance, music, storytelling and other traditional customs. Field trips are scheduled for each Friday where students get the chance to visit a local Gaelic community, learn about its history, and connect with Gaelic speakers and tradition bearers.
Monday to Thursday
- 9am – 12pm: Conversational and active based learning
- 12pm – 1pm: Lunch (Everyone is served and has lunch together in Gaelic)
- 1pm – 2pm: Reading and writing class
- 2pm – 3pm: Learning Lab (Homework guidance)
- 6pm – 8pm: Evening activity lead in Gaelic
- 9am – 3pm: Field trip (Carpooling will be coordinated)
- Evening activities are lead by a fluent speaker on staff. These activities are meant to be fun and a nice way to unwind after a day of classes. Some evening activities may include watching Gaelic films/shows, going for a walk/hike, playing cards, board games, learning a song, going to the beach, etc. Although we encourage all students to attend evening activities, they are not a mandatory.
- $1000 (Lunches included)
- $780 (Includes room and meals)
Students seeking university credit must first be registered as a CBU student, and must pay also pay CBU a course credit fee.
CBU fee for registration:
- $36 for Canadian students
- $103 for international students
- CBU course credit fee = $150
Students interested in attending as a non-credit student, simply pay the Gaelic College the tuition fee and the live-in fee if applicable.