An Cùrsa Bogaidh II & III
Intermediate & Higher Intermediate Immersion Courses
May 2 – 27, 2022
Please note we will be following all provincial and national Public Health protocols that are in place. Proof of vaccination is required to attend events at Colaisde na Gàidhlig.
In connection with our partners at Cape Breton University, Colaisde na Gàidhlig | The Gaelic College proudly offers two 6-credit courses onsite annually, both of which can be taken for personal development (non-credit). An Cùrsa Bogaidh II (Intermediate) is designed for students seeking second year university credits, and An Cùrsa Bogaidh III (Higher Intermediate) is designed for students seeking third year university credits.
An Cùrsa Bogaidh offers a combination of conversational, activity-based learning, and lessons focused specifically on reading, writing, grammatical concepts. During the course, students take part in cultural activities such as Gaelic song, storytelling, music, making food, and visiting. Students attend weekly field trips where they get to visit local Gaelic communities in Cape Breton and meet some of our Gaelic speakers and tradition bearers.
Monday to Thursday
- 9:30am – 12pm: Conversational and active based learning
- 12pm – 1pm: Lunch (Everyone is served and has lunch together in Gaelic)
- 1pm – 2pm: Reading and writing class
- 2pm – 3pm: Learning Lab (Homework guidance)
- 6pm – 7:30pm: Evening activity lead in Gaelic
- 9am – 2pm: Field trip (Carpooling will be coordinated)
- Evening activities are led by fluent staff members from Colaisde na Gàidhlig. The activities are meant to be fun and relaxing way to unwind while maintaining an immersive environment. Some evening activities may include watching Gaelic films/shows, going for a walk/hike, learning a song, storytelling, going to the beach, etc. Students are encouraged to attend the evening activities especially those staying onsite; however, they are not a mandatory part of the course.
- $1,240 (Lunches included)
- $900 (Includes room and meals – Sunday night to Friday morning)
CBU Credit Fees:
- Application Fee (Non-CBU students) = $40
- Course Credit Fee (Anyone seeking credit) = $150
*To find out International Credit Fees, please email firstname.lastname@example.org