Bringing Gaelic right to you
The Atlantic Gaelic Academy (AGA) is a Scottish Gaelic language school, dedicated to teaching its students to read, write, and speak the Gaelic language. Its goal is to increase the number of Gaelic speakers by making Gaelic courses and education available to learners wherever they live.
The AGA was acquired by and now under the direction of Colaisde na Gàidhlig / The Gaelic College since 2018.
- Develops, provides, and administers Gaelic learning programs.
- Conducts Gaelic classes in virtual classrooms over the internet.
- Offers a course of studies where students can progress from the Beginner level to fluency in the language.
- Provides a way for students to speak with other Gaelic speakers, whenever they choose, in order to accelerate their speaking abilities in the language.
Advanced Plus Program: The AGA also offers a program at a higher level, after the completion of the standard program. There are two levels, Advanced Plus 1 and Advanced Plus 2. The program will be of interest to students who want to further their Gaelic conversation skills and knowledge of the language at a high level. The program is available to students who have completed the AGA Advanced 2 level in the standard program, or equivalent. The classes are three hours long, and once a week between September and April of the following year. The program concentrates on conversation; and on the reading, translation, discussion, and study of Gaelic stories and literature. The stories also have sound files by a native Gaelic speaker. The program also includes the study of advanced Gaelic constructions and idioms. After the completion of the Advanced Plus 2 level, if a student wishes, he/she can be tested, and if the tests are successfully completed the student will be awarded the Advanced Plus program diploma in Gaelic Language Studies.
- Joyce MacDonald
- Angus MacLeod
- Davine Sutherland
- Steven Ritchie
- Archie Campbell
- Fiona Smith
- Geoffrey Sammons
- Margie Beaton – Mabou, Nova Scotia (From Eriskay, Scotland)
- Angus MacLeod – Goose Cove, Cape Breton (From Cape Breton)
- Donald John Morrison – Harris, Scotland (From Harris, Scotland)
- Catriona Parsons – Antigonish, Nova Scotia (From Lewis, Scotland)
- Bob Leonard – Fredericton, New Brunswick (from Cape Breton)
- Murdina Stewart – Skye, Scotland (From Skye, Scotland)
- Davine Sutherland – Easter Ross, Scotland (From Easter Ross, Scotland)
- Beginner: $425
- Intermediate 1: $450
- Intermediate 2: $475
- Advanced 1: $500
- Advanced 2: $525
- Advanced Plus: $550