Request for Proposals
Provision of Audit and Projects Review Services for Colaisde na Gàidhlig | The Gaelic College
Colaisde na Gàidhlig / The Gaelic College (the College) is requesting proposals from accounting firms for Audit and Project Review Services for our Fiscal Years 2020/2021, 2021/2022, and 2022/2023 core funding audits and annual reviews of projects accounts.
Potential bidders must offer solutions to accommodate the needs addressed in this RFP. In general, vendors are free to propose solutions that represent the best value for the College. Please refer to Section 17 – Mandatory Criteria Acknowledgement which indicate all of the Mandatory clauses that a vendor must meet in order for their proposal to move forward through this process. All other clauses are preferred and not Mandatory. However, all vendors who do not meet the preferred criteria stated herein will be scored accordingly to their responses.
Colaisde na Gàidhlig / Gaelic College was formed in 1938 and offers cultural education programs for youth and adults. The College operates educational programming, a craft shop, museum, facility rentals and hospitality services. Colaisde na Gàidhlig / Gaelic College is a not-for-profit organization.
The following information will be necessary to help prepare the proposal:
- The College’s financial statements for Fiscal 2018-19 have already been audited by Chartered Accounts. The College has a core budget of approximately $1.7 Million for the 2019-20 fiscal year and expects an estimated budget at growing levels in subsequent years.
- The fiscal year for the College is from April 1st to March 31st.
- The bookkeeping, financial statements and project accounts of the College will be prepared internally on “Sage BusinessVision 50 Account – Small Business Edition” for Microsoft Windows.
- The College employs 15 full time staff, 20 seasonal staff, and instructors.
- The records and statements of the College will be made available to the Auditor on April 30th of the fiscal year.
- The audited statements and project review must be completed and presented to the College on or before June 20th of the fiscal year.
- The quote requested for auditing and projects review services is for a fixed price per year for a three year term (including any and all expenses and disbursements).
Proposals signed, executed, and dated shall be directed to:
Hon. Rodney MacDonald, ECNS
Chief Executive Officer
Colaisde na Gàidhlig / The Gaelic College
PO Box 80
Englishtown, Nova Scotia B0C 1H0
No later than 12:00pm Atlantic Time on May 11, 2020.
Proposals received after the above closing date/time will not be accepted and will be returned.
- Colaisde na Gaidhlig / Gaelic College reserves the right to issue addenda at any point during the RFP period. All addenda become part of the bid documents.
- Addenda issued by the College will be e-mailed to all bidders.
- All bidders are responsible for ensuring that they are aware of, include copy (s) of the addenda in their response, and have complied with any Addenda issued by the College.
The bidder is responsible for obtaining any needed clarification of the RFP requirements, while the RFP is open.
All questions or concerns regarding the RFP can be directed to:
Chief Financial Officer
Phone: 902-295-3411 ext 24
by no later than 4pm Atlantic Time on May 8, 2020.
Questions and proposals that are deemed to materially affect the RFP requirements, project scope, time lines, etc. or to be of interest to all prospective bidders may be made available to all proponents at the option of the College. If so, this would be handled as an addendum while the RFP is open and distributed to all bidders via e-mail.
Questions received in any manner other than as outlined above, or questions received after the above cut-off date and time will NOT be answered.
The College and its representatives shall not be bound by or be liable for any representation or information provided verbally.
All inquiries and other communications with the College throughout the solicitation period are to be directed ONLY to the College contact named above of the bid solicitation.
Non-compliance with this condition during the bid solicitation period can (for that reason alone) result in disqualification of your bid.
Potential vendors will submit proposals in the following format.
Section 1 Covering Letter
Section 2 Overview of Your Firm
Section 3 Firm Partner and Staff Experience
Section 4 Audit Fees
As a condition of award, vendor(s) must agree to maintain Commercial General Liability and Professional Liability Insurance in an amount not less than $1,000,000 and coverage against all claims for bodily injury and personal injury to or death of a person or damage to or loss of property caused by any negligent act or omissions of their respective officers, employees, volunteers or agents in respect of their performance or their duties under this agreement. The Vendor must ensure that such insurance remains in effect throughout the term of this Agreement.
The Vendor Agency will indemnify and hold the College harmless from and against all costs, actions, suits, claims, losses, expenses (including legal costs), liabilities, or damages arising from any action done by the Vendor, or by its servants, agents, employees, or students in relation to all matters arising out of this Agreement save and except where caused by the negligence or wilful misconduct of the College, its agents, or employees.
The College will indemnify and hold the Vendor harmless from and against all costs, actions, suits, claims, losses, expenses (including legal costs), liabilities, or damages arising from any action done by the College, or by its agents, employees, or students in relation to all matters arising out of this Agreement save and except where caused by the negligence or wilful misconduct of the Vendor, its agents, or employees.
Confidentiality of Information
Vendor acknowledges that in the performance of any Contract awarded hereunder it may obtain information concerning individuals which information is subject to protection in accordance with applicable legislation/regulation. Vendor agrees to safeguard any such information in accordance with all such legislation/regulation and use same solely to comply with its obligations under the awarded Contract.
Information pertaining to the College obtained by the vendor as a result of participating in this contract is confidential and must not be disclosed without written permission from the College.
To be considered responsive, a bid must meet all of the mandatory requirements of this solicitation. Bids not meeting all of the mandatory requirements will be given no further consideration.
Responsive proposals will be evaluated based on the following selection criteria, but not limiting to:
- Firm & Staff Experience: 15 points
- Audit Fees: 75 points
- Other Services: 10 points
The proponent with the highest score will be recommended for award of a contract providing that all services have been deemed acceptable.
The College reserves the right, at its discretion, to clarify any bid after closing by seeking further information from that bidder without becoming obligated to clarify or seek further information from any or all other bidders. However, any clarifications sought will not be an opportunity either to correct errors or change their bids in any substantive manner.
The College reserves the right in its sole discretion to negotiate the final terms and conditions of this RFP with the most probable candidate for award prior to award of the RFP. If the College is unable to reach an agreement to its satisfaction, the College reserves the right to end negotiations with this candidate and to precede negotiations with the next probable candidate for award prior to award of the RFP. The College shall have no liability to any other bidder as a result of such negotiations or modifications.
The period of the resultant contract will be three years.
Colaisde na Gaidhlig / Gaelic College thanks all interested parties for their efforts in meeting our request and expect your proposal to be valid for a period of not less than sixty (60) days. The College reserves the right to waive informalities in or reject any or all proposals. The College reserves the right to cancel this process at any point at the discretion of Colaisde na Gaidhlig / Gaelic College. The College reserves the right to accept the proposal which best suits the aforementioned requirements while offering the best value to the College.
Vendors not successful in obtaining the contract will receive a notice of same.
In the event of breach of any provision of this agreement, the non-breaching party will notify the breaching party, in writing, of the specific nature of the breach and will request that it be cured. If the breach is not cured within thirty (30) days of such notice, the non-breaching party may immediately terminate this agreement upon written notice.
The College will immediately terminate the agreement/contract upon occurrence of any of the following events:
- Insolvency of the firm
- Proceeding against vendor under law relating to bankruptcy, insolvency, or relief of debtors.
- Failure to comply within the requirements applicable to the vendor’s performance of service under this agreement.
The College reserves the right to annually review the agreement with the vendor at the end of each contract year prior to proceeding with the remaining term of the agreement. If the review results in non-performance of the vendor, the College may choose, at that time, not to continue with the agreement.
If the successful bidder manifests an intention not to perform the obligations of the contract:
- the College may award the contract to another party;
- the successful bidder will pay any additional cost incurred by the College as a result of the successful bidder’s failure to complete the obligations of the contract;
- the agreement may be terminated by either party upon sixty (60) days written notice delivered to or by registered mail addressed to an authorized official. The College will not be held liable for the remaining balance of the contract if termination notice is given.
The Proponent’s Proposal, and/or the Contract resulting from the acceptance of a Proposal, may not be assigned, in whole or in part, by the Proponent without the prior written consent of the Owner, which consent may be arbitrarily withheld.
This form must be completed and included as part of all submissions.
- I/we made following certification and assurance as a required element of this RFP that the truthfulness of the facts affirmed here and the continuing compliance with these requirements are condition that apply to it this RFP or the agreements entered into pursuant to this RFP.
- I/we certify that this bid is made without any connection, knowledge, comparison of figures, or arrangements with any other company, firm, or person providing a bid for the same work and is in all respect fair and without collusion or fraud.
- I/we agree to comply with all of the mandatory terms, mandatory conditions, and mandatory provisions as outlined herein, understanding that such conditions and provisions apply to this RFP of the Agreement entered into pursuant to this RFP.
Mandatory Service Requirements
- Annual Audit of Financial Statements
The Auditors will be required to plan and coordinate an audit of the Financial Statements of Colaisde na Gaidhlig / Gaelic College and to report thereon at the June meetings of the Audit Committee and Gaelic College Foundation Annual General Meeting.
- The Auditors must be alert and sensitive to any indications that might suggest lack of integrity or fraudulent financial reporting.
- The Auditors will be required to identify and report on any principal financial risks that could impact the financial reporting of the College.
- Post Audit Management Letter and Management Administrative Letter
The Auditors will be required to provide a post audit Management Letter to Management, the Audit Committee and Board of Directors providing relevant findings arising from the audit of financial statements and recommendations on any significant opportunities for improvement (both managerial and operational).
The administration letter also communicates to the appropriate reporting level, observations and opportunities for improvement (both managerial and operational) identified during the course of the interim audit.
- Special Services
Additional services may include investigations, providing financial, administrative, tax or technology advice or other ancillary services.
The proposal will include responses to the following within each indicated section:
Section 2: Covering Letter
Section 3: Overview of Your Firm
- 3.1 General description of your firm and its local, regional, national and international resources.
Section 4: Firm and Staff Experience
- 4.1 What is the size and make up of the Firm’s audit team?
- 4.2 What is the extent of your auditing experience in non-profit organizations of similar size?
Section 5: Audit Fees
- 5.1 What will be the fixed fee for the audit?
- 5.2 Explain how you would propose to use the College staff to assist during the audit. Indicate the approximate time requirement and work expected.
- 5.3 What will be the hourly charge rate for special services not covered by the internal audit plan for the Gaelic College?
Financial Statements – 2018/2019
Requests for Financial Statements for Colaisde na Gaidhlig / Gaelic College may be made to:
Chief Financial Officer
Phone: (902) 295-3411
Or 2018/2019 audited statements may be viewed on Colaisde na Gàidhlig | The Gaelic College website at www.gaeliccollege.edu