Employment Opportunity for Teaching and Performing Musicians
- Expected timeline: Late October, 2020 to late March, 2021
- Selected musician(s) to provide a series of weekly, professional online music lessons with a focus on areas like fiddle, piano accompaniment, step dance, and more for intermediate to advanced students.
- Will assist in developing and performing in a Covid-19 Fall/Winter Concert Series throughout Cape Breton.
- Will be an active participant in the weekly Wednesday Night Ceilidh series at Colaisde na Gàidhlig. Roles include performing, assisting with sound, and acting as a mentor.
- Candidates must have a background in Cape Breton-style traditional music with an appreciation for Gaelic culture. Teaching and performing experience are a must.
- Participants selected must be eligible for the Job Creation Partnership Program. (JCP Program) Participant salaries will be paid through the program.
- Gaelic language skills are considered an asset.
Please send expressions of interest and resumes to Jennifer Daisley: firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, October 2, at 12pm. Successful participants will be notified by 4:30pm on Friday, October 2 if receiving an interview.