Join Our Team!
Please send resumes to Jennifer Daisley at Jennifer@gaeliccollege.edu.
- Please note that the following employment opportunities require that participants be eligible for a Job Creation Partnership position
- Position Term: 26 weeks, 1 positions available
- Anticipated Start Date: May 31 (subject to change)
- Position Description: Be engaged in the trail system of Colaisde na Gàidhlig. The participants will be working on the maintenance and expansion of the existing trail system on-site. Participants will be involved with such items as: brush clearing, trail-levelling, operating small machinery, (four wheeler, power saw) building and installing benches for viewing areas, and installing interpretative signage for the trail system. If weather becomes a safety factor on a given day, participants will be engaged in assisting with general maintenance duties on-site. Experience working outdoors on trails is considered an asset. Ability to work well in a team environment is considered an asset.
- Eligibility Requirements for to become a Job Creation Participant (JCP): The participant must fall under one of the following categories:
- Have a current E.I. claim,
- Have had an EI claim that ended within the last 60 months,
- Have received benefits under the Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB),
- Have been employed with a gross insurable earnings of $2000 or higher annually, in at least 5 of the last 10 years.
- Note: JCP hours are non-insurable hours towards Employment Insurance.