The Atlantic Gaelic Academy (AGA) is a Gaelic language school, dedicated to teaching its students to read, write, and speak the Gaelic Language. Its goal is to increase the number of Gaelic speakers by making Gaelic courses and education available to students of the language wherever they live.
- Develops, provides, and administers Gaelic learning programs.
- Conducts Gaelic classes in virtual classrooms over the internet.
- Offers a course of studies where students can progress from the Beginner level to fluency in the language.
- Provides a way for students to speak with other Gaelic speakers, whenever they choose, in order to accelerate their speaking abilities in the language.
Why learn Gaelic:
- The "Gaelic language" is worth learning as it has intrinsic value and provides enjoyment and richness to life.
- In a recent worldwide language poll, Gaelic was voted one of the top ten languages to learn, of over 6000 languages in the world.
- Parents with knowledge of Gaelic can be of more help to their children and grandchildren learning to speak the language.
- The knowledge of Gaelic is of considerable help when doing Genealogy research on Scottish and Irish ancestors.
- Employment opportunities.
- We must exercise our minds as well as our bodies, and learning a new language is one of the best ways to exercise the mind.
To find out more, visit www.gaelicacademy.ca