- All activities are cancelled on-site at Colaisde na Gàidhlig | The Gaelic College effective immediately for a five week period. (March 15, 2020 to April 19, 2020) This includes our campus in St. Ann’s and Mabou.
- Staff will continue to report to work
- Colaisde na Gàidhlig Administration will continue to monitor the situation while at the same time keeping our students, patrons, and clientele informed.
On campus, we are promoting best practices to minimize the spread of any respiratory virus (including things like the flu/influenza and COVID-19), including:
- Frequent hand washing using soap and water. Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available;
- Cough and sneeze into your elbow, sleeve or tissue. If using a tissue, immediately place it in a waste disposal and wash your hands;
- Avoid sharing food, utensils, water bottles or drinking glasses;
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth;
- If the soap dispenser in the bathroom is empty, please notify our office;
- Staff are cleaning and disinfecting surfaces that are shared or used often
If someone begins to display symptoms while on campus, health officials will be contacted and quarantine procedures will be followed. There is a COVID-19 assessment centre in Sydney at the Cape Breton Regional Hospital.
Find accurate and up-to-date information on COVID-19, including when to seek help at:
- Province of Nova Scotia: novascotia.ca/coronavirus/
- Government of Canada: www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection.html
- Public Health Agency of Canada: Coronavirus Information Line – 1-833-784-4397
For more information please contact:
Colaisde na Gàidhlig | The Gaelic College